My Favorite Place: Copenhagen, Denmark

 

  I knew I loved Copenhagen when I first stepped off the plane in Denmark. The train ride in was pleasant, and everyone I was near seemed happy to be there. The weather was cold and rainy, yet the city was still active. I met up with the person I was traveling with, and while he had been outside all day, he stilled seemed to have been enjoying himself . Copenhagen is small relative to other European capitals and can be crossed entirely by bike in 30 minutes. That may be why I liked it so much.


     I visited during spring break when I was abroad in Italy for the spring of 2017, and we grabbed dinner soon after I arrived. While we ate dinner and drinks at a market, the cashiers were happy to help us with food choices and other advice on what to do and where to go. When we finally got to our hostel, the receptionist was welcoming and it was easy to have a conversation with him. Copenhagen had less to do than places such as Paris, but the city was welcoming and everyone who was living there did not seem to want to be anywhere else. It's size is small, so while it may be the capital of a country, it still felt safe and inviting. Copenhagen is not a place that I could visit over and over again, but it was a city that I could see myself making a home at. 

Comments

  1. Oh, these pictures made me so happy, Trace: I also think Copenhagen is magical. I would guess living there would be a great experience. You might be surprised that there were Danish colonies in India... as always, Wikipedia is full of information: Danish India (I know that the subject matter of this class is something very new to a lot of students, so I am always on the lookout for a connection, ANY connection, between people's interests and experiences and what they can learn about India!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pictures, Trace. It sounds like you had a really great time in Copenhagen. I had no clue that you could cross the entire city in as little as 30 minutes on bike! That is insane compared to the time it would take to travel Norman by bike, as especially since Copenhagen is a capital city, like you said. I would have never guessed it was such a small city size wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace! Those photos you chose from landmarks in Copenhagen are amazing! I like how you described the people there as well because the type of people that live there can tell you a lot about the place itself. I never knew that Copenhagen was that small! That’s quite unbelievable that you can bike across in only 30 minutes! It sounds like a very cozy and comforting place to go to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Lakeside