Topic Research: Creation Stories

Aum, an all-encompassing, mystical entity, representative of the Hindu religion and philosophy.
Dharma: Wikipedia

     The topic I am doing more research on is the Hindu Creation Stories. The Creation Stories are not just one story that the whole Hindu religion believes, but there are a multitude of different stories about the creation of the Universe. There are stories that the earth was founded only 4000 years ago, stories that the gods came into existence after the universe was made, and stories that the gods created the universe trillions of years ago. This makes the Creation Stories a lot more widespread than they seem, and why they are my top choice for my Storybook this semester. 

     The first story I am considering writing about is the creation of the universe using one of the myths of the creation as the source. The Creation Story I will most likely use is the Creation Story that the Universe was created trillions of years ago. I will use the Wikipedia page Hindu views on evolution as my source, and tell the story from the creators point of view.

     My second story I may write is about the Samudra Manthan. The widespread nature of the story would make it very easy and interesting to write about. I will probably write about the story from the creator of universe's point of view in order to add depth to the story. 

     My third story I could write about is about Hindu eschatology. The story would a great final story because it would tie my Storybook together and make the Storybook feel cyclic. I will most likely write the story from the point of view of the creator again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Lakeside