Wikipedia Trail: From Pralaya to The Great Depression


     Pralaya: Pralaya is the dissolution of Earth to start a new cycle of life on Earth. It is the beginning of another cycle of life on Earth as well. I wrote about Pralaya for my Storybook and it is interesting to me. I really like how cyclic everything is in Hinduism, and so I figured this would be a good way to start. Pralaya also shows up in pop culture. For the next tab I chose the book Ulysses.

     Ulysses: Ulysses is a book published in the 1920's in Paris France. It is one of the most contraversial books of it's time because of how complicated it is. There are 18 sections of the books with numerous characters introduced and puzzles to solve. It is also known as one of the best books ever written. It's extremely well made. The publisher is Sylvia Beach which is my next tab.

      Sylvia Beach: Sylvia Beach is a publisher born in 1887 and she is best known for publishing Ulysses. She published Ulysses through her bookstore Shakespeare and Company. Shakespeare and Company survived through the great depression and both world wars through the help of others. From this, I chose my next tab as the Great Depression.

     The Great Depression: The Great Depression is a worldwide depression occurring during the late 1920's and early 1930's. Most think it only occurred in the United States, but in reality, it occurred all over the world. The Great Depression started as a stock market crash and everyone was affected. Factories went out of business and the rich lost all of their wealth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Lakeside